Our History

 

1862

Barclay Erskine establishes business as Erskine B. Plumber and Gas Fitter, trading from 34 Struthers Street Calton. Barclay’s house adjoins the premises at 32 Struthers Street

1874

New shop opens at 43 East Market Street

1912

First shop in Rutherglen opened at 46 Gallowflat Street.

1930

First telephone number for firm, Rutherglen 316.

1963

Thomas Thom takes ownership, but keeps the Barclay Erskine trading name.

1996

Firm becomes a limited company, Barclay Erskine Ltd. Thomas’s son Alan Thom becomes owner.

2003

First Create Studio opened in Hamilton displaying a wide variety of quality bathroom and kitchen products and selling direct to the public.

2005

Create Homes undertakes first home extensions as sister company to Barclay Erskine Ltd providing quality home extensions and conversions.

2012

Celebrated 150th anniversary 9th April.